Lisa and Troy | Calgary Wedding Photojournalist | Pioneer Cabin Wedding

I have a confession to make. When I first met with Troy and Lisa, I wondered to myself, why in the world would they want me as their wedding photographer?? They are both so articulate, witty and very politically involved (me: politicus ignoramus). They followed me on Twitter, and I thought, oh no, they are going to see me for who I really am – this TV/movie junkie who talks about nothing but food, her kids and a lot of nonsense. Despite all that, they still kept me, thank goodness ๐Ÿ™‚ย ย Troy and Lisa’s wedding very much represented who they are as a couple – from the Two and a Half Men song (Men, men, men –ย you know the one)ย for the guys’ procession, to the custom made bobble heads. They are just a fun loving couple! They were surrounded by 250 of their friends and family on this most beautiful Calgary summer day. The rain (ever present this year) managed to stay away on their very special day. Troy and Lisa, you are such wonderful people – thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day. Here is a preview of your photos from your day. Many thanks to my second shooter Drew Gregory of DRG Photography.
Planner: Cari Van Camp – CVC Production Services
Officiant: Doug Griffiths
Venue: Pioneer Cabin
Food: All Beef Catering
Band: Kathy Shane & Emre
Music: FM Systems
Decor: GAPS
Tent: Special Events Rentals

My definite favorite from DrewThese guys were fantasticYou looked so beautiful, Lisa!You looked good too, Troy ๐Ÿ™‚Custom made bobble headsCari, the planner – you did a spectacular jobYou could see it coming…Mom

Facebook love:

KelleeJuly 12, 2011 - 11:07 PM

The kid in the candy jar…hilarious! Brilliant job ๐Ÿ™‚

Joyce and Gary LyonsJuly 7, 2011 - 2:46 PM

Well! I am an old timer now. I have attended quite a number of weddings. You know how some moments and ocassions spring into your mind when a word, thought, or something you see, hits the big screen, you automatically think of some special moment. Let me say, Saturday July 2nd, 2011, certainly registed on the big screen very indelibly.
Troy has always been the closest to a son that we will ever have. For that I will always be grateful. To have been privileged to share that day with Troy and Lisa brings me to my knees. I thought several times on Saturday of when Joyce and I married on a cold December 11th 1964 at Drumheller, Alberta, that I had truly captured the greatest girl in the world and you know what? I still feel the same. The coincidence being, when I saw Troy and Lisa take their vows in front of their friends, administered by the nice chap that Doug Griffiths is, I had that old time feeling, that their lives together will endure as ours has.
The truth is that Troy and I have something truly in common and that is “We sure do know how to pick em.”
Joyce and I wish Troy and Lisa a life time of health wealth and happiness.
Gary and Joyce Lyons

Tara Lynn SenJuly 6, 2011 - 2:42 AM

Inspirational! Amazing photos and use of colours and light!

Alyssa SchroederJuly 5, 2011 - 9:27 PM

I just love the one with the couple laughing in eachothers faces. So precious.

alexbeeJuly 5, 2011 - 6:35 PM

gorgeous day! love those flower girl shots ๐Ÿ˜€

benj haischJuly 5, 2011 - 6:33 PM

what an event! the decor looked amazing.

Albert PalmerJuly 5, 2011 - 1:26 PM

Love those portrait shots – really nice.

Paul RowlandJuly 5, 2011 - 11:01 AM

I love outdoor weddings for all of the reasons seen in your post. Awesome stuff.

Leah MuseJuly 5, 2011 - 10:56 AM

What a fun looking wedding! Great job.

Sachin KhonaJuly 5, 2011 - 9:28 AM

Agree with Steve! The kids are adorable!

Really great moments you captured ๐Ÿ™‚

Becca DilleyJuly 5, 2011 - 9:25 AM

True documentary coverage – love all the action!

Steve KooJuly 5, 2011 - 8:36 AM

All of the kids here are absolute scene-stealers. So cute!

Caroline GhetesJuly 5, 2011 - 8:17 AM

The kid with his hand on the candy and the sneaky look on his face? Love. Also LOVE the one of the bride and groom laughing with their foreheads together. I would blow that one up fo’ shizzles.

[…] I don’t know what they were talking about, but look at the pretty sunflowers! Aww it’s Troy and Lisa! I LOVE these […]

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.

R e v i e w s